(Equivalent to 7 Hours CEU)
In Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources we will review the history, theory and treatment methods associated with traumatic stress disorders. Participants increase knowledge of types of trauma evaluation and treatment options available for disorders of extreme stress. Students learn about effective approaches for trauma recovery and awareness of post-trauma warning signs. Skill building will focus on utilizing networking for self and clients, case conferencing, consulting, advocacy, as well as making referrals and identifying useful community resources. Ethical approaches to trauma assistance will be reviewed and discussed.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM PARTICIPATION?
This program will benefit professionals, paraprofessionals, and volunteers who work with trauma survivors or wish to gain skills to do so. The courses in this certificate stream are designed to enhance skills development among individuals whose work, volunteer or personal activities take them into contact with individuals or groups who have been directly exposed to trauma.
- Overview history, theory and treatment methods associated with traumatic stress disorders
- Increase knowledge of types of evaluation and treatments available for stress reactions
- Identify the major symptoms of acute and chronic post-traumatic stress disorders
- Access community resources, case-conferencing, consultation and advocacy
- Understand phase-oriented treatment with trauma survivors
- Discuss how the helper may effectively employ the “self” as a helping instrument
Students are required to complete all training materials on-line, read through the manual and other related or recommended materials. Certificates of Completion for the course and the stream will be provided once all requirements are met.
Canadian $75.00 plus applicable taxes. Students will have 160 days access to this course.
REQUIRED COURSE READINGS:
Trauma Evaluation Sources & Community Resources (Manual for Course #102)
There are no course pre-requisites for this course. This is an entry level course.
TI-102 Trauma Evaluation & Community Resources $75.00 CAD